Incredible India Campaign:
Context: The Incredible India “Find the Incredible You” campaign released globally by the Ministry of Tourismduring 2018-19 has been declared winner of the PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Gold Award 2019 in the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category.
- The campaign strategy was to shift the focus from the external experience of tourist destinations to the internal experience of travelers themselves.
PATA Gold Awards are given to tourism industry organizations and individuals making outstanding contribution towards the successful promotion of the travel industry throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
- Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region.
Dibang Multipurpose Project (MPP):
Context: Cabinet approves 2880 MW Dibang Multipurpose Project in Arunachal Pradesh Rs. 1600 crore expenditure approved.
- Dibang Multipurpose Project (Dibang MPP) is envisaged as a storage-based hydro-electric project with flood moderation as the key objective.
- This is the largest ever Hydro Electric Projects to be constructed in India. The dam is 278 metres high and will be the highest dam in India once completed.
- The Project is located on river Dibang, in Lower Dibang Valley District of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The project envisages construction of a 278 m high Concrete Gravity Dam.
Red Corner notices:
Context: Based on Red Corner notices, 27 accused persons extradited to India till 1st April 2019.
What is it? Red Notice is issued by Interpol and is meant to facilitate quick location and arrest of a person abroad and providing the information to the national agency / authority on whose request the Notice was issued. The Red Notice is not a pre-requisite for and may not necessarily lead to the extradition of a fugitive offender for which there is a separate legal process to be followed.